day 2 of my 5-day Organic Avenue Love Deep Cleanse. all juices, no solid foods.
mood: cautious. it was a monday, so the first day i truly needed to be an active member of society. also, it was the first day of my 2-day conference on learning to “lead with presence”. scary on more than one level.
activity level: full day of a leadership conference + a yoga class at night. i have to admit, there were moments during my yoga class where i was feeling light-headed. maybe after 2 days of fewer calories, i didn’t have enough to push through a really challenging yoga class.
The Menu: total calorie count (minus the Coconut Mylk) = 715 calories. i figure the max the Coconut Mylk could be is around 700…if so, we’re talking about 1400 calories.
- CHLOROPHYLL SHOT (0 calories)
- COCONUT WATER (86 calories)
- PEAR JUICE (209 calories): one of my favorite juices, probably because it’s so sweet and palatable. but absolutely delicious. apparently pear is a hypo-allergenic fruit that is high in fiber but less likely to produce adverse reactions
- MASTER TONIC (108 calories): the very typical idea of a “cleanse” with the cayenne pepper. not as sweet but very delicious nonetheless
- VEGGIE VIBE (146 calories): my absolute favorite “good for you juice”. it doesn’t taste (or look) that green, and it’s quite delicious!
- GREEN LOVE (166 calories): my 2nd favorite “good for you juice”. while it’s definitely green, i think the lemon and parley cuts through it a little
- COCONUT MYLK (Org Ave won’t really tell me how many calories are in this, which leads me to believe that it’s really high — also not listed on their website. very suspicious…): it literally tastes like you’re eating a coconut. delicious!
the verdict: by the end of day 2, i had a bit of a lull in energy — especially after the yoga class. but was hoping that it was the worst of it!
Day 1 of a 5-Day Organic Avenue Love Deep.
baseline: despite being vegan this past year+, i’ve definitely let some bad habits slip in: two fully-caffeinated sugary Starbucks drinks a day, tons of cooked stuff, candy galore and…oh hi, carbs!
mood: apprehensive. based on the above, i was expecting Day 1 to be painful: headaches, moodiness and major bitchiness. oddly enough, none of it. which leads me to believe the worst is still to come. (yikes!)
activity level: day 1 was a Sunday, so tried to keep it low key. went to a 90-minute Jivamukti yoga class before i started my cleanse, then lounged around the rest of the day watching bad-but-good movies (Miss Congeniality, Titanic, Twilight)…and also squeezed in a massage. anticipating the worst, i decided to take it easy.
the menu: i specifically asked for there to be “more” calories, since i wanted to continue my daily workout regime during the cleanse. today’s total calorie count: 1,054
the verdict: loved the flavor of every single juice today. in the past, i’ve had not-so-great times with some of the green soups, but thankfully, no green soups on this menu! energy levels are decent…but we’ll see what happens tomorrow when i have to go to work and be functioning member of society!
i love a good cleanse. my first time trying it back in 2010 – i experienced unexpected levels of energy, mental clarity and productivity. it was because of my cleanse that i realized just how much what we eat affects our bodies.
after my first time cleansing, i went a bit extreme — became 100% raw vegan for a good 6 months. i’m not going to lie — i felt GREAT! but at the same time, it made me into a social leper — less because of me, but more because everyone else felt like they needed to be more accommodating because i’m a “special needs” eater. fast forward to today, when i’m more VEGAN than anything else, trying to be as raw as i can.
why a cleanse?
2 weeks of eating crap + thanksgiving holidays + no chance to go to yoga = blah Heather. so as soon as i got back to my apt, i signed up for the 5-day Organic Avenue Love Deep Cleanse: all juices, no solids for 5-days. i don’t know what the hell i was thinking, but i know this will give me a jump-start into resetting myself!
there are PLENTY of cleanses to choose from, but i’m down with Organic Avenue. Why?
- they use glass bottles – they’re committed to reducing waste
- they use organic ingredients (duh)
- they are really accommodating with any special requests: if you don’t like the taste of something, just let them know and they’re happy to adjust
- they are truly committed to this lifestyle — this isn’t about a quick weight loss mechanism, it’s about living a healthier, cleaner existence
will be keeping you posted on the progress!
Can’t hardly believe how quickly this year has gone by – it’s April, people!
So far this year: new job, new faith, new stress levels, new challenges…which means I have been drowning my sorrows in food. (ain’t nothing quite like eating your feelings)
It’s not that I’ve fallen completely off the vegan wagon, but definitely have deviated from being raw. So I’ve decided it’s time to press the RESET button on my life, and recommit myself to a lifestyle that makes me feel energized, refreshed, clear-headed and ALIVE.
Thus: Organic Avenue, Love Fast Cleanse – Take 2.
Unfortunately, the demons I have to overcome this time around are a bit more formidable:
- Caffeine (up to 3 cups a day – scurred)
- Refined sugar (I like my coffee to taste like Haagen Daz Coffee Ice Cream)
- Salt (YUM)
- Some cooked foods (nothing crazy, but have been eating steamed/sautéed veggies here & there)
- Liquor (you name it, I’ve been drinking it)
Needless to say, I’m not looking forward to what Day 1 has in store. I think it will probably be best for everyone’s general safety if they kept their distance. But looking forward to feeling fab on the other side. Pray for me!!!