day 2 of my 5-day Organic Avenue Love Deep Cleanse. all juices, no solid foods.
mood: cautious. it was a monday, so the first day i truly needed to be an active member of society. also, it was the first day of my 2-day conference on learning to “lead with presence”. scary on more than one level.
activity level: full day of a leadership conference + a yoga class at night. i have to admit, there were moments during my yoga class where i was feeling light-headed. maybe after 2 days of fewer calories, i didn’t have enough to push through a really challenging yoga class.
The Menu: total calorie count (minus the Coconut Mylk) = 715 calories. i figure the max the Coconut Mylk could be is around 700…if so, we’re talking about 1400 calories.
- CHLOROPHYLL SHOT (0 calories)
- COCONUT WATER (86 calories)
- PEAR JUICE (209 calories): one of my favorite juices, probably because it’s so sweet and palatable. but absolutely delicious. apparently pear is a hypo-allergenic fruit that is high in fiber but less likely to produce adverse reactions
- MASTER TONIC (108 calories): the very typical idea of a “cleanse” with the cayenne pepper. not as sweet but very delicious nonetheless
- VEGGIE VIBE (146 calories): my absolute favorite “good for you juice”. it doesn’t taste (or look) that green, and it’s quite delicious!
- GREEN LOVE (166 calories): my 2nd favorite “good for you juice”. while it’s definitely green, i think the lemon and parley cuts through it a little
- COCONUT MYLK (Org Ave won’t really tell me how many calories are in this, which leads me to believe that it’s really high — also not listed on their website. very suspicious…): it literally tastes like you’re eating a coconut. delicious!
the verdict: by the end of day 2, i had a bit of a lull in energy — especially after the yoga class. but was hoping that it was the worst of it!