apologies — i fell behind on my nail posts (been traveling for work). this is a design i had from a few weeks ago.
- LOCATION: STUDIO L, 247 W 38th Street, Ste 1603; (646) 499-5357
- Nail Stylist: Manami (naturally)
when i first saw what could be done with feathers at Studio L, i just knew i had to try it on a design soon!
- Manami recommended laying a color down as a base, so the feathers would show more prominently, i decided to change up the base colors a bit to mix it between a peach / light grey / dark grey
- lay down a clear layer of Calgel, then while sticky, position the full feather tip across the nail
- once in place, cure under the UV, place another layer of clear Calgel over, cure again, then cut off excess. ultimately you can file off the extra excess until it’s perfect!
- afterwards, Manami added a few accents of glitter to the feathered fingers to bring it out!
i think this is one of my all-time favorite designs i’ve done. the feathers looked so sophisticated, but it still had personality!